Monday 7 February 2011

Kamseng Porridge

So on last Saturday, me and my friends decided to have our dinner at Bubur Kamseng (Kamseng Porridge) at Jl. Mangga Besar 1 No.26, Jakarta. It's basically 24 hours open and the porridge is still as delicious as it is whether its morning, afternoon, evening, night or even early in the morning. I went twice in the past four days. First with a bunch of my friends on Saturday night and the second one was today with my parents. Honestly, it's kind of cheap eating in here and the porridge itself starts from Rp. 15.000 ($ 1.50) if I'm not mistaken and you can shared either with two or three people, so its cheap! And their side dishes are delicious and cheap too. While waiting for the porridge to be served, I ordered Crispy fried bananas with honey on top of it - yummy!


Here are the side dishes that I ordered for the past two days - The fried tofu , chinese omelette, cha siaw, salted eggs, cakwue and cong fan. The side dishes prices is starting from Rp. 5.000  and below Rp. 20.0000 ($ 0.50 - $ 2). Although its serve in small quantity but it will still make your tummy full. 






Their Guang Zhuo Porridge is one of the house speciality I think. It's basically porridge with a bit of cha siuw, peanuts, fried yolk egg with few chicken and fish too! My mom and my friends like it too! I didn't get a chance to try as I love my ow porridge ha-ha-ha-ha!


This is mine!! Mine is so simple just chicken with century eggs and yes I finished them all :D!


  Well, I eat my porridge differently. I like to add sweet soya sauce along with it even the waitress found it weird when I asked for the sauce ha-ha-ha! Combination of century eggs, sweet soy sauce and salted eggs just make my simple porridge rich of tastes although it looks kind of weird he-he-he!!


For the drink, I ordered Taro Pearl and it's seriously delicious! You can taste the taro so well. I have also ordered their red tea pearl and it's nice too! Their milky drink is quite good though :)


If you are looking for a 24 hours place to eat with reasonable price, proportional portion and delicious, then Bubur Kamseng is the place. Yes, it's kind of a bit far if you live in west Jakarta but it does worth for the journey especially when you bounce to the place at night time, the street is quite empty though. If you want a good place to spend your time with your friends and family, you can also hang out in here. The place isn't so cozy like a cafe but surely clean and good enough! We love their porridge and somehow when you eat their porridge, it makes you feel that you are eating a totally Chinese porridge like the ones you often see in TV; it's hmm! i don't know how to describe it but it kind of makes you addicted somehow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment