Friday 15 October 2010

Hongkong Cafe Review

OKAY! I was just a way too lazy to bring my precious camera along with me today. So instead I'm using two of my mobiles - N-97 & BB Onyx to capture the food we had for lunch. Me and mum ate at this chinese - western mixture cafe with old fashion western decoration called " Hong Kong Cafe". We ate at Central Park and I had been wanting to try out their food that looks delicious enough in their menus. I tried to control my tummy for not choosing many food since only two of us. 

PS : I'm sorry for the very bad quality photos, couldn't help it! Can't wait to get myself Blue N-8! \m/


I have been developing a habit of eating desert before the meal. And I was stuck between the looking delicious Mango Fantasy (Mango Pudding with Mango ice-cream) and black-sesame pudding. But since my curiosity overruled my head, so I just have to choose "black-sesame" pudding. If you like sweet like myself and want to try something different then this one is the right desert for you. I love the taste even my mum who don't like sweet like it. The very soft texture of the pudding with sweet corns and coconut milk does make a good combination of taste. 

This is my drink! It called "Perfect Match". It's basically combination of Milk, tea, coffee together and creamer too, I think. I'm not into choosing weird sound of drink. But this one is quite nice; adding grass jelly or some jelly would be great.


This is my Mum's lunch. Its called "Baked Rice Hong Kong Cafe Special". At first she said, she didn't want to eat any rice but after she saw the photo, she ordered them. First impression " It looks big" but right after her first bite, she said "very delicious". It's basically a Baked Rice with Grilled Chicken covered with melted cheese and milk. The taste is a bit spicy but the chili is mainly just to make it tasty, nothing else. And adding with chili sauce makes it nicer! I did give it a try and pretty much like it.


This is mine, mine, and mine!! my menu!! guess, what's that? The yellow sauce thingie? Guess what!! It's Pumpkin sauce and give me a reason for not ordered them right when you see it in the menu!!! I love pumpkin at least I spent almost 4 years eating pumpkin soup at winter time throughout the whole recess time! So YES, I love this one. Its not sweet at all but it's pretty milky. The menu is called "Chicken Chop Pumpkin Sauce". I love how their rice taste, not like usual rice. And added with Pumpkin Sauce, Milk, Grilled Chicken and Pumpkin cubes made this my favorite! But If you eat more than this plate, you'll be getting sick of its taste, trust me :)



My mum ordered their Dim Sum "Sie Mai" < no idea why they called it like that. But anyway, we weren't able to finish it so we had to bring it back home. I tried them and its pretty delicious though. But if you asked me whether they really "made" it themselves, then I must say no. pretty much they ordered through the "frozen" food distributor because it tastes reminds me of Sie Mai at Maystar restaurant! Are they buying at the same place? *wondering*!



"Baked Broccoli Cheese" is the name of this ugly looking food. Phew, I feel sorry how crap it looks like and I blamed my mobile camera for that. Anyway, this is just like normal Baked Broccoli with cheese that you usually eat; nothing different. When I ate it at the restaurant, the taste is kinda different. I mean the cheese didn't really absorbed into the broccoli. So the taste is like you eating steam broccoli with half baked cheese sauce. BUT! then we brought it back home and after we heated again, it tastes pretty nice though. The cheese sauce and Broccoli mixed together but somehow it tastes like Chinese food rather than western. But Overall its good :) 


Er, honestly, its looking pretty when you see it in real. Once again, I'm so apologized for the bad looking photo that make this yummy "Fried Chicken Orange Sauce" looks weird. Like the above menu, this one also the same. Tried them in the restaurant and it tastes just okay but after pre-heated again at home, you can ensure this food is yummy! Fried Chicken Slices with Sesame Seeds and since its orange sauce so you'll be expecting some sour tastes.

OVERALL,  their food is delicious. The price is well around 30 Rb - 40 Rb ($3.00-$4.00) but for the Baked rice, I found it normal. But for the other menus like broccoli and Fried Chicken, its a bit pricy. Their place is very cozy and highly recommended for hang-out or even meeting or party. Like usual Chinese Restaurant, NEVER drink water/tea, their prices are above normal. Their food is basically a mixture of Chinese and Western food so there'll be a lot of cheese sauce here and there. But then, I guess their speciality is the "baked rice". Honestly, if you ever taste "Kim Gary's" baked rice then you'll find Hong Kong Cafe's is standard. Kim Gary's baked rice is tastier and more delicious. 8/10 for the food, its ambience though a bit pricy and the service is a bit slow!

No comments:

Post a Comment