Sunday 7 November 2010

Jakarta Culinary Festival 2010 (PART II)

Here is the 2nd part of Jakarta Culinary Festival. Some more photos and this time is about my experienced on testing the Chef's Demos.  

Look at this photo! Phew! Delicious isn't! Feel like buying each of them and start cooking!!!! Their Smoked Beef Cheese is a must to try ;)


Apologized for being silly but this is the only menu "Turkey Sandwich on Multigrain Bread" that I captured from Four Season Hotel. I didn't give myself a good since its multi-grain and its kind pricy in a way 40 Rb ($4) if I'm not mistaken. Beside of that, it didn't fancy my eyes! And also I remembered they served "Cinnamon Bread" that I thought at first it was Sultana which costs around 15 Rb ($1.50), which I think worth to buy.


Look at the Local goes International chefs in actions! Don't mind the weird expressions I captured. I love Candid Photography ha-ha-ha :-)
I love her Macaron's! Simply delicious sweet but it does tickles your tongue! A must to try but since the cooking demo is only until today (the 7th Nov) then, sorry to say. he-he-he! But it's good, delicious :)


Grilled Lamb Chopped from Andhika Maxi (Medium Rare) It's easy in making when he told us the HOW! but why don't we give it a try! I like his Grilled Lamb Chopped but it's kinda of course losing the Local's touch. It's great but it tastes more like eating steak than lamb. It's good but not awesome, it could had been juicer and tastier. But this chef is quite friendly giving good tips too. Thanks Chef :)


Then I went to this beverage Demo by Santos by using Magnum Ice-Creams. It's varieties of Magnum Ice Cocktails made by Santos. Unfortunately, I only got a chance until the 2nd ones since my friends were kinda tired so had to go back earlier. But I did try of his menu and don't ask me the name but both tastes good ^-^




The bartender behinds of it :D!
Since I've got no one to drink coffee with, I just captured the small cafe-look-alike stand. I like it though! Next visit, a must to try ^-^


Gelato Ice-Creams anyone? How I'm not craving over it! I can't eat them or else my sore throat gonna kills me! I want to try the Bir Bintang (Bintang's Beer)'s Gelato Flavor!  Pretty interesting isn't? I want to try, I want to try, a MUST to try LOL! Gonna review you of how it tastes my next visit :)

Free drink anyone from Kitchenette Magic Potion On the Wall. I'm in love with this free Soda drink with syrup...  I only tried the 'Red' potion and of course liking it a lot.



Well done with the eating, tried the chef's demo food, free potion drinks and overall good food, I'm not forgetting myself to donate a bit of money to the Charity's box. This charity is for Indonesia, so spend bits of money in that box would be helpful, right? Since I know I'll be planning on going back there, so I only give a bit of it.



Overall : Honestly, it's quite entertaining in a way/ I love how the inside ambience but the space needs to be wider. I understood the sense of "eating while standing" but how could you even stand if the space of standing is small? I love how the places make you feel like you really are in a big restaurant rather than in a food festival. But I dislike on how they put the local dish outside and I missed out the local dishes which is sad in a way.

The food are nice, tasty but not awesome. Its mainly western food being sells there but where are the deserts? Since its Culinary shouldn't they have a proper section of "deserts" and "beverage" Yes! beverage! Only one stand for beverage that I noticed or might be I wasn't really paying attentions.

Some food offers good prices but mainly they are. Bring a lot of money because you won't be realizing how much money you have spent it by just paying for around 30 Rb for one food. Bring as much friends as you can so you can share the food together at least 3 people would do :P!

However, as a food lover, I quite enjoy it. Feel like in heaven, an event that need to be considered on visiting. Watch out for the 'fancy' names because it doesn't look or taste as beautiful as its name he-he-he! Sadly, they are only selling ordinary food where I was expecting something different kind of food experience since its Culinary Festival. But It's alright, go for it with your friends and family to have fun with  ^-^

and I'LL BE BACK BEFORE IT ENDS CAPTURING BETTER PHOTOS AND TRYING MORE FOOD ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment