Monday 8 November 2010

Yoshinoya's Food Review

I ate at Yoshinoya in Grand Indonesia. Saw the que was kinda long so I decided why not give it a go anyway. I like beef bowl at this old Japanese restaurant that I used to eat since I was on the 6th grade called Goiza. I wonder where Goiza is at nowadays in Jakarta? :-) (Do tell me if you know, thanks)

So I decided to eat the same menu "Beef Bowl", one of the house's specialities. Personally, I found it just alright - too plain I think. Even Hoka-Hoka Bento's Beef teriyaki tastes better. I tried to eat it with their Mayonnaise and it tastes a lot better but still I was expecting somehow the same taste as Goiza does. The price it's around 22 Rb ($2.2) for the Regular Size; not too pricy but still better eat at Hokben if you are a food lover. 



Then my friend ordered their "Teriyaki Chicken" rice bowl. Shockingly they only gave 4 pieces of Teriyaki Chicken slices and the bowl is just full with vegetables. Okay! this one is highly NOT recommended whatsoever. It seriously tastes crap! At least when I tried it did.


Honestly, go to Hokben is better or if you really curious about how they taste just try the Beef bowl for safety. My other friend also tried their "egg rolls" and she was totally hated it. The beef bowl is alright but you know, the tastes is just too plain. I don't know why the que was long each time I saw but for me, I kinda mind on going back there. I still want to try their Yakiniku Beef Bowl though but later sometimes when I have no other option at Grand Indonesia! ha-ha-ha!

For the price itself, it's reasonable starts from 20 rb and the place is not that bad too for hanging out with your friends. What else? Oh yeah you'll also be getting Miso Soup. Well, that's all about it. But really if you ever tried Goiza (though their place never look cozy), you would be disappointed by this taste. Or might be I've a high expectation? 

It's still eatable and since the price is reasonable, so it isn't a bad place to hang out. But if you are foodie lover like myself, then just bare by its tasteless food. And don't forget to ask for Mayonnaise and ignore that "looking weird" face that the waitress might given to you because she was giving me 'what-the' face to me when I asked for her to put Mayonnaise on top of my Beef Bowl! >.<!

2 comments: