Thursday 3 February 2011

Meatballs @ West Jakarta

Meatballs has always been my favorite food since I was a little kid. It was precisely the food that I grew up with. I don't need to look for any other places outside the west area just to eat meatballs! I've 3 favorites places to eat - Green Garden, Sunrise Garden and Bakso Jawir At Puri. Sunrise meatballs might not be as famous as the rest two but it's as good as the rest of two. Unfortunately, there is two shift at Sunrise, if you happen to see the ones with blue cart, then DON'T eat that one - come back the next month!

I always ate two bowls of meatballs and yes I can still eat more than that. I just love meatballs too extremely much. And I like to eat them either with our traditional cracker (Kerupuk) or the fried snacks like fried tofu. Bakso Jawir at Puri , right opposite of Cimory store is actually nicer than Green Garden ones but for the tendon meatballs (bakso urat), Sunrise Garden ones is unbeatable. Sunrise Garden's meatballs is actually the ones nearby the high school down there. And don't forget to order Orange juice with coconut at Bakso Jawir, it's just a perfect drink for the delicious food!



The meatball's at Green Garden is quite expensive though Rp. 12.000 ($1.20) per portion and I seriously think its not worth it sometimes unless that's the closest place from where you live. you should try their traditional crackers (kerupuk). Their meatballs is not that bad neither but somehow Jawir is a lot better!!! The soup in here is better than Jawir!

No comments:

Post a Comment